Tuesday, August 14, 2012

GARDEN TIME A-LINE DRESS


This is the simplest and easiest dress style I have ever made and there are so many designs you can create from it. 

I purchased the pattern at "Whimsy Couture"

For the dress above it is a size 2T. I bought this beautiful cotton fabric at Mardins for $2.99 a yard and have had it for about a year. I think it came out just perfect for this style dress. I added some Ivory lace trim to the bottom hem. I always finish each of my garments off with a serger for that professional finish. 


This next design I took and printed another pattern the same size as the first one 2T. I then decided were I wanted the seam to be on the dress and cut the pattern. You need to add 1/2 seam allowance to each part you just cut for your sewn seam allowance. 

I added some Ivory trim and made the little rossette from ruffled lace . 


This one and the next one are size 5T. 

This fabric reminds me of vintage time. I love the color and the trim was just perfect. The trim is embroidered lace trim with a flower pattern. 


This combination of fabrics are just GORGEOUS together. I added red ruffled lace to the bodies seam and to the bottom hem. The rose is made from Grosgrain ribbon. I took and ruffled the ribbon on my sewing machine and then made the rose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment