Monday, November 7, 2011

BUTTERFLY GLITTER SHIRRED DRESS


When I first saw this beautiful fabric with the gold sparkle I just knew who it would be for and what I would be making.

I made this shirred Summer dress for my girlfriends daughter Meghan. The Fabric has beautiful gold butterfly's on a green background print. I added some gold crown trim to the bottom hem and the trim on the shoulder straps. The shoulder straps were made from some black velvet ribbon I had. The dress was finished off with a 1" velvet ribbon to tie around the waste.


I bought some gathered ribbon about a year ago at "MARDENS" but never could come up with a project to use it on. This worked out great to make my carnation flower. I placed the finished flower on the right side shoulder of the dress and made a hairband with another flower attached to it.


LINKED PARTIES
The Girl Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment