Monday, November 7, 2011

RICH FALL PEASANT DRESS

This is another style peasant dress I made for a set of sisters for Thanksgiving. I love the rich deep colors and they complement each other. With so  many fabric prints created today the styles and deigns are limitless. I combine several prints of fabric that I probley wouldn't have done years ago.


I bought some ruffled ribbon at MARDENS and just hadn't used it yet until I created this cute little carnation from it, now I am going to go buy a bunch more just to have a surplus of the ribbon. Having the ribbon already ruffled/gathered makes it very easy to create this beautiful flower.


Instructions can be found HERE to make the flower.

I made matching hairbands to go with the dresses. They are very easy to make. Just take the ribbon and keep gathering it together in a circle and sew it together as you go. I used the same fabric as the ruffles on the dresses to make the band part of the hair piece. I cut a piece of 1/4 elastic. and create a casing from the fabric. I actual create the casing like I would make a 1" binding.

Instructions can be found HERE.



LINKED PARTIES



The Girl Creative

1 comment:

  1. Great treasure I found in your blog. I have just become one of your followers so will be able to see all your beautiful cards when you blog them.

    ReplyDelete