Thursday, October 27, 2011

PRIMITIVIE STARS


It is the start of the craft fair season and I just love this time of year. I love to see all the great creations and new ideas that come out each year. Primitive decor is starting to be a leading decor in most homes here in Northern Maine.

At one of the booths I came upon these adorable little stars tied together in a row. I new just what I wanted to do with them.


I took them home and went to work. They came painted with no vinyl sayings and had not been antiqued and that was the finished look I wanted. I loved the shape of theses stars as they are thick and have a slightly different shape than most of the primitive stars on the market. They also had a beveled edge that gave them a more 3 dimensional look.


I sanded the edges with a nail file to give it an antiqued or worn look and then added vinyl lettering. Hubby is going to make me some more so that I can give them as Christmas gifts this season to my Family and Friends.

I had just the perfect spot for them. when you first enter my home you see the stairs, so I wanted everyone see see that my home is BLESSED by GOD.



So now every time you first walk in you see my little stars and the blessings of my home.

LINKY PARTIES
The Girl Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment