Monday, March 28, 2011

SPRING DELIGHT


I have not sat down and made a card in a while as I have been doing more sewing projects. With mothers day approaching I decided to sit down yesterday and create a card for some challenges. I sure do miss making cards and enjoyed it yesterday.

The inspiration for this card is for a special girlfriend who has shown me to have FAITH and STRENGTH in the midst of the trails we go through in our life. She has taught me to hold on to the TRUTH in the WORD and know that we will never be forsaken.

I love the rich colors of the aqua blue and Brown together. They are very warm and cozy colors but yet at the same time colorful and bright.

The flowers were made using my 1/2 scallop punch. I stacked 6 together, crunched them up and then sponged the edges with Brown ink.

Challenges I entered

Recipe Card

Card Stock - Brown and Aqua Blue
Ink - Stampin' Close to Coco
Stamp - Inkadinkado
Printed Paper -Found at a thrift store no name on it
Embellishments - Brown and aqua Grossgrain Ribbon
Tools - 1/2 scallop punch

2 comments:

  1. this is just lovely and the colour combo is great. Thank you so much for entering in the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the colour combo and the flowers are fab.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete