Monday, April 4, 2011

DAISEY & STRIPES REVERSABLE APRON


CAN YOU SAY SUMMER!!!
Okay so I am rushing it just a tad but I knew these two materials together would just make a perfect reversibly apron. I actually took the Butteric pattern 4119 and tailored it to have a curved bottom. I accomplished this by folding it in half length wise and tracing a curve and cutting it to the length I wanted. I then cut a strip of fabric 6x45 for the bottom ruffle. I did a gather stitch to create the ruffke and sewed it to the bottom of the apron. The pockets are 12 x 9 1/2 folded and sewn together. I then placed them on the center of each apron. The neck ties are cut from 2 x 24 two of each fabric sewing the two different prints together right sides together then turn inside out. The waste ties are 38 1/2 x 2 1/2 sewn the same way as the neck ties. I created two differnt aprons and then sewed them together matching all seams and leaving a 4" opening for turning right sides out on one of the long sides.  I then sewed a 1/4 straight sticth all around the apron.

I decided to make a matching Fabric Flower to the top of the apron.

You can get the instructions

HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment