Friday, October 15, 2010

AUTUM LEAVES


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Today it is rainy, windy, and cold here in Northern Maine. The leaves are all falling off the trees so I decided it was time to make my own La Petite purse for myself instead of all the gifts I have been making with the new pattern I created with my cricut cutter. I call this one Autumn Leaves and I made a matching wallet to go with it. I embroidered Live-Laugh-Love on the top part of the purse. I just love how it came out.

You can now download a PDF copy of the pattern and instructions

La Petite Purse

This pattern and purse have been coppyright and is protected at myfreecopyright.com.
Please do not use this pattern to sell your finished items to be made for profit.
PERSONAL USE ONLY NO COMMERCIAL USE


UPDATE OF HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN PATTERN FOR THIS 

I have had several request on how the pattern was made. Below I will try to explain it the best I can.


I start with a piece of paper 9 1/2 x 11 and measure in at the top 1 1/2 inches in from the side. I do this on both sides and then draw a straight line from the bottom corner to the top mark. You now have your main pattern piece.


You will then cut the slanted lines to complete your base pattern.



INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE TOP CUFF AND POCKET

You will create a second one that will then become your top cuff part and inside pocket. 




To get your two patterns for the Top cuff and pocket you will measure down from the top 3 inches and draw a line across the width. This is now the cuff section. 

Measure down 1/2 inch from that line and draw another line for the top cut section of the pocket pattern. 


Next you will cut on the lines and discard the middle and bottom sections. 



Your pattern is now complete. When I embroider the cuff I DO NOT CUT the fabric until I have embroidered it. I use the top cuff pattern as a guide to figure out my measurements for my fonts. REMEMBER to calculate the seam allowance that you will loose once you sew the top cuff on. 

8 x 2 is the area I always default to when embroidering my cuffs. So any words or quotes I use needs to be adjusted to fit into a 8 x 2 area. 





I hope this has helped in figuring out how to create your own patter.

REMEMBER 

You can make this purse any size you want by following these simple steps. Use a full 12 x 12 sheet for one slightly larger. 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the pattern and super instructions. I can't wait for the wallet. My sister is getting a new purse thanks to you!
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shannon. The purse is adorable!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete