Thursday, October 14, 2010

CREATE YOUR OWN SEW IN LABELS

I wanted my sew in labels to match my blog header of my blog and my business cards. So after some playing around I came up with these. I designed them first in Word, printed them on iron on transfer for fabric and ironed them onto Twill tape that is 1 1/2". I iron it on to the bottom edge so that leaves the top for the seam allownce to be sewn in the corner of all my purses/handbags. I complete each edge of the lable with a double overedge stitch so the twill tape does not fray.

I finish each off eah item I create with a hanging tag below. The hanging tags were also created in word with the business card template. Once printed I punched the top and bottom edges with my eyelet paper punch. Now labels and tags (I list the price of my items on the back of the tag when I do craft fairs) matches for all my sewing projects.


 

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog after google-ing (is that a word) fridge calendars..ended up on your splitcoast page..which landed me here.

    I really enjoyed flipping through your posts. This one was really informative. thanks for sharing your tips.

    ReplyDelete