Saturday, March 27, 2010

MOOSEY, MOOSEY!!

So I have been researching the best and most cost effective way for my new ADDICTION of digital stamps for coloring, but in the mean time I have to make the best of what I do have. So I used my Stampin Up Markers and my Blender pen. BUT!!!! I did it completely opposite of how you would think!!! I pulled the color away from the image.

I printed this adorable Moose from PRAIRIE FAIRY DESIGNS on HP Premium Photo Paper and embossed it with Crystal Clear embossing powder. Now you have to be quick, quick as a bunny the minute it gets done printing you need to apply the embossing powder. (use the highest print quality on your printer as this will not dry as fast, as the quick print feature). Heat set the image but be careful as the glossy part of the film will lift and bubble if it gets to hot.

I colored the image completely with the colors I want with the Stampin Up markers. completely fill in the image. Okay here is the fun part, you will now use the blender pen and in the areas you want it to be lighter you will use the blender pen to pull the color away from the image, yes it will actualy pull it away. I wipe the tip off between each section to get the different shades.

This is my new technique using Water Markers and Blender pen from Stampin Up.

Card Recipe
  • HP Premium Photo Paper
  • Crystal Clear embossing powder
  • Card Stock - Bazzill Gold, Red & Brown
  • Printed Paper
  • Flowers
  • Stampin Up Markers and Blender Pen

1 comment: