Thursday, September 18, 2014

"LITTLE MAINELEE MOOSE" CROCHET HAT


Okay really is he just not adorable. I first saw this little moose crochet hat on pinterest, but there was no pattern to be found ANYWHERE for him. I searched and searched and searched some more and was so disappointed that not one individual wanted to share there pattern. I would have bought it for a high price as I am a Northerner and these little buggers are our neighborhood pets. 

I decided to have a go at it and see if I could duplicate it. After several tries at the ears EUREKA I got it. 

The hat is the FREE Aviator hat I found on pinterest over at YARNOVATIONS

Once I had the hat all done I then went to work on getting the ears just right. This step took me several tries to get the ears just right. Below are my instructions I hope you can understand them. 

I USED TWO STRANDS OF WORSTED WEIGHT 4PLY YARN

EAR INSTRUCTION
Make 2
Row 1 - Start by chaining 8
Row 2 - Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each chain across (7sc)
Row 3 -  Ch 1 turn and sc in each sc across (7 sc)
Row 4 -  Ch 2 turn(counts as first dc) 5 dc in next st, slip stitch in next sc, 5 trbl in next sc, sl st in next 2 sc, 3 trbl in last sc, dc in post of side of sc and in underside of 1st sc., sc in last 6 sc base. Finish off

EYES INSTRUCTION
Make 2
Start with a magic circle
Round 1 - ch 1 and work 6 sc in ring
Round 2 - ch 1, 2sc in same as joining, sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next 2 sc.




ENJOY


No comments:

Post a Comment