Wednesday, August 17, 2011

DENIM STRETCH TUBE TOP


I still had some material left over from my denim stretch that I purchased at "MARDENS" so I wanted to make a tube top to wear with my white Capri's or shorts. The instructions are below.

MATERIAL
1/2 yard Denim stretch Fabric
Blue floral embellishment
White Daisey embellishment
1/4" elastic for waste and top of bust

INSTRUCTIONS
I cut two pieces out by first measuring my bust which mine is 36 
so I cut the top piece out at  23 x 4 on FOLD out giving me a top piece of 46 x 4
for the bottom piece I cut this out 23 x 13 on fold


Sew the top and the bottom long sides together with a 1" seam allowance as this will create the casing for the elastic.


Overcast the edge of the seam for a finished look


Iron the seam towards the top part



Now sew the seam to the top part of the top to create the casing


Measure a piece of 1/4 elastic around your waste and cut to the size you would like. I cut mine my exact size.


Sew the side seam with a 1/2 seam allowance
Now that your casing has been created feed through the elastic with a safety pin


Hem the top using a 1/2 seam allowance leaving a 2" opening to create a casing for the top elastic. Once again measure a piece of 1/4 elastic for the top of your bust.

Feed it through the top casing. sew opening closed

Now you will iron the bottom hem and add any trim to the bottom to sew the hem. I added a cute little blue floral trim.
Measure you shoulder straps the length you desire I usually do 13" Cut the trim to desired length and attach to the top of the garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment