Sunday, July 31, 2011

SHIRRED SUMMER DRESSES FOR GIRL INSTRUCTIONS

This is a great sewing technique for a quick and easy summer dress or top to be made for any age at all. You can add any embellishments and trims along with a combination of fabrics. My two cute little models picked out their materials and what the length of the dress they wanted it to be.

The first dresses print is a fat quarter bundles I bought at MARDENS yes my favorite fabric store Mardens. you can not see the full print in the photos,  but trust me they are vibrant and full of color's of green's and blues. I made the little matching hobo handbag to go with the dress as they just love purses.
I searched all over the web for a small sling/hobo handbag to make, but could not find one so I created this pattern and will have it scanned and uploaded to share.
The second dress is just precious with the pink and black and the two prints together have to be my favorite combination.

 Look at her just sporting that little handbag
I need to work on my closeup photo's as these are a little blurry, but it does show some of the detail of the flower. On these I pulled apart the flower after I had sewn it all together in the layers to give it more body. Instructions for this one cane be found HERE.

"WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
Shirred Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment