Wednesday, July 27, 2011

BLUE HAWIAN SUMMER DRESS


This style is a very fast and easy dress to make. Its perfect for any occasion or just to wear around the house or over a bathing suite.
You can make it as long or as short as you would like.
You can have shoulder straps of any style to accent the top part. The straps can be on each shoulder, cross ways in the back or tie around the neck.
Have fun with several designs. Add embellishments like I did HERE to my little white dress.

I added a silk 2" ribbon with a beautiful teal and brown print.

I did 25 rows of shirring for this paticular dress, I have all my measurements listed below. I also found a great youtube video from Threadbanger so hop over and check it out


MATERIAL'S I USED
Fabric of your choice
cotton thread that matches your material
elastic thread  for bottom bobbin - "hand wind" do not machine wind this thread

I first measure my bodies width and add 1.5x for the shirring - cut 2
Next  the length I want the dress to be plus 1/2" for th eseam allowance on both ends
For this dress my girlfriend is a 38 so the width of each fabric piece is 57"
The length I did is 46" so then you would need (2) pieces cut at 57 x 46

Now sew the side seams of the two fabrics together only on one side
You will first do the hems on each top and bottom of the dress before you start shirring
Begin to shir and add as many rows as you would like.


LINKED PARTIES





No comments:

Post a Comment