Thursday, December 23, 2010

CHRISTMAS STOCKING GIFT BOXES


Each one of my coworkers received one of these cute little stockings filled with my white/dark chocolate bark. I cut the svg stocking file I found at "Images by Heather M" (click on her name to get the free file)on my cricut cutter. First I cut the color card stock I wanted the stocking to be then I did the printed paper I wanted to be the print for the stocking.

The box is made by cutting card stock 7 3/4 x 7 3/4 score 1 1/2 all 4 sides. Cut the slits on all 4 corners and assemble the box. I used a template I created from a stoking for exact placement on both sides of the stocking for the box so that I did not have to keep placing it and taking it off. I did this by cutting an extra stocking shape, centering a box and tracing around it on the stocking. I cut the traced box shape out and used as my template.

The Fan ornament was created from a 1 x 12 strip of card stock and scoring at every 1/4 of an inch. I finished it of with the CTMH stamp set Holiday Greetings and attached it to the stocking with ribbon and gold wire trim.

CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE
1 Package White Chocolate Morsels
1 Package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
6 Dark Chocolate Dove pieces
6 White Chocolate Ghiradelle pieces

I take and melt all my chocolate at the same time using double boilers
Place all the white chocolate in one boiler and all the dark in another. Once all melted pour 3/4 of the dark chocolate in a lined cookie sheet. You can use parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spread the chocolate throughout the whole pan. Now drop spoon fulls of the white chocolate on top every 2-3 inches apart throughout the whole pan. Take a knife and swirl the white Chocolate in with the dark. Top off with the remaining Dark Chocolate by drizzling it over  the other two layers. Finish with some of your favorite Christmas Jimmies.

Refrigerate for 2 hours. Once chilled take it out and break it apart into little bite size pieces. I then chill it once again to harden as it can go soft while breaking it.


No comments:

Post a Comment