Sunday, November 24, 2013

RUSTIC/CHIC HANMADE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS

 
 
I have 3 trees that I put up in the house. This year I am taking and decorating one of the trees with all handmade ornaments.
 
The assortment of ornaments in the picture above, are all handmade by me in one weekend, on a budget of $3.50.
 
Below are very brief descriptions of the measurements I used, along with the cartridges and sizes
 
MATERIALS USED
Kraft Card stock
Cream Card stock
Stampin Up White pigment ink
Stampin Up Chocolate Chip ink
Glitter
Glue
Cricut cutter
Terrisa Collins Cricut Cartridge - December 25th
Artiste Cartridge - can only purchase through CTMH
Art Philosophy - can only be purchased through CTMH
CTMH A very Merry Christmas stamp set
CTMH -Joy Stamp Set
Stampin Up French Script Stamp Set
 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
LARGE ORNAMENT
 
Cut 24 ornament shape at the size indicated by the stamp from the very Merry Christmas stamp set found on page 79 of the artiste cricut cartridge.
 
Stamp 18 of the shapes with the coordinating stamp
 
Cut two snowflakes from page 79 at 2" and 2 1/2". These are for the center
 
The base is cut from the decorative circle found on page 80. Cut it at 7 1/4" (accent 3)
 
Banner was cut from the banner on page 35 at 1" (accent 1)
 
After I assembled the ornaments I added the fabric between each one and finished it of with the pearl elements.
 
I had a beautiful Christmas ribbon that I bought years ago that just worked perfect
 
 
 
STAR
 
 
 
From the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridges, cut the star on page 49 at 4 3/4"
 
Score from point to arch for the whole star
 
Sponge the edges with White craft ink
 
Once the ink is dry I add glitter all around the star
 
 
 
MUSIC NOTE SHEETS
 

 
 
I found these great music sheets on pinterest.
 
I printed them on Kraft cardstock at the size I wanted them, they are at 3.5 x  4.5.
 
I sponged the edges with craft white and finished them of with a bow.
 
 
SNOWFLAKES
 
 
Cut out 2 different style snow flakes at 5 1/2"
 
Stamp them with a design and glitter the whole snowflake.
 
Stack them with dimensional
 
Finish the center off with a saying
 
BANNER
 
 
 
Art philosophy cartridge
 
Cut the letters out at 3/4"
 
Sizes for rosette, cut the larger one 14 at 12" x 1/2" and 14 at 12" x 1"
 
Cut a small circle for the smaller rosette at 3/4"
 
Banner from page 49, cut 14 at 3"
 
Banner mat page 59, cut 25 at 3"
 
BUTTERFLY
 
 
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
 
The butterfly I used is page 55. I cut it out at 3 1/2"
 
I glittered the whole butterfly
 
 
CROCHET SNOWFLAKES
 
 
I used Red Heart Eco Friendly cotton yarn
 
Size H crochet hook to make them larger
 
The following sites are where I got the instructions to crochet the snowflakes
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment