Saturday, November 19, 2011

THANKSGIVING FAMILY TREE - WHAT I AM GRATEFUL FOR


This year I wanted Thanksgiving to truly signify what a family is about. A family stays strong by their roots and continue to branch out and grow, but are always connected. This bare tree also signifies that a family doesn't need to have the the leaves all the time to still be healthy and strong. Each season that we go through in life changes us and makes us grow. Even when the leaves fall they come back even healthier and stronger the next season because the foundation of the tree is strong enough to nourish the branches back to life every year.

I found some great branches from a birch tree and cut just the right sizes I needed. I then tied them all together and placed them in a crystal vase. I took some of my brown cardstock scraps and shredded them in the shredder and used it as filling in the vase.


I made hanging tags that open up and each of the tags has a special message to each of my family members who will be here for Thanksgiving day.

Thanksgiving is a very important day, it's a day to really remember each other and be grateful for each other and what we each represent to one another.


The Rosette was made from (2) 2 x 12 strips of carstock. I scored each strip 1/2 all the way to the end. I then used my fall punch to punch the edge with tiny leaves. The leaves I punch out I have set aside to scatter on my table. The second layer rosette is (2) 1 1/2 x 12 scored 1/2".


The second rosette was created from 1 1/2 x 12 strips and the second layer 1" strip. Follow same instructions as above.


No comments:

Post a Comment