Tuesday, May 17, 2011

YELLOW SUMMER POP OVER DRESS

The signs of spring for us here in Northern Maine would be the buttercups that pop up all over the edge of the loggign roads. It is such a beautiful site with the vibrant yellows.
I found this darling fabric at Mardins YES Mardins by far my favorite fabric store here in Northern Maine. WAIT oh thats right the only fabric store for 300 miles LOL. I have two Mardins to shop at one to the South of me about an hour away and one to the north of me about an hour away.


The Fabric flower was created using the tutorial I have HERE on my blog for the first layer.

The second part of the flower is done with a 3/4" grossgrain ribbon. Set your sewing machine tension on the highest, mine is 9 and set your stitch length to the longest straight stitch your machine will do.
I cut the ribbon for this one at 22" and then sewed a straight sticth along one long side and watched the majic begin. You will want to be sure to watch where it starts to curl as the first time I ran a piece throu it actual turn right into the needle and I swede over it. So once I begin to sew I place my hand behind the sewing area and just guide it to stay behind the needle.

Once you have sewn it you then just shape your rose and sew it together on the bottom side.


1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [18 May 02:15am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete