Sunday, May 22, 2011

FLOWER APPLIQUE SUMMER DRESS


I just love making little girl dress and mix matching the material. There are so many bright and vibrant colors to choose from now and yes all from my favorite fabric store "MARDINS". You can't beat the prices I pay anywhere from 2.99-4.99 a yard for my cotton prints.

This is the second dress I made this week for two adorable little sisters.



This is a very easy and simple pattern to make and you can make it as a dress, short outfit or pants. The combinations are limitless with so many great fabrics out there.


Here is the closeup of the appliqueing I did. I still have not been brave enough yet to sew my appliques on. I have made several attempts but just can't seem to stay on the applique. I still have to practice.

SOOOOOOOO I Iron them on with fusible webbing and that works okay for now but I do want to learn to sew all my appliques on.

I finished the flowers off with each having a little button in the center.







No comments:

Post a Comment