Wednesday, September 11, 2013

RAINBOW HAT


This adorable winter ear flap hat was made as a custom order for a neighbors friend. This one was a challenge for me as I did not have a pattern for the color combination. I used just the traditional Ear Flap Hat Pattern that you can find in all sizes at Alli Carfts. 
 
I did 4 rows of each of the colors until the bottom row of pink, which is only two rows and then the earflaps are also pink.. I then finished the  edging off with purple for the full rainbow colors.
 



I wanted to add more color to the hat so I decided to sew a button to the side so that the flower could be interchangeable. I created a flower for each color in the hat. 
 
 
This hat can also be created without the earflaps
 
 
 
Click below for flower instructions
 



1 comment: