Saturday, July 14, 2012

SARONG WRAPS





I came upon an AWESOME youtube video on how to wear a sarong several different ways. I went to my fabric closet and started taking out all the sheer fabric I had bought a couple years ago at Wal-Mart for $1.50 a yard. I measured my material at 44 length x 68-72 in width and serge all 4 sides. This took no more than 10 minutes to complete each one. I spent the afternoon making several for myself and several for a friend. I will be looking for some solid colored bikinis/bathing suits to match all my sarongs. I live on a lake so these are perfect for the summer time. 

The above one is made with a sheer black fabric.

Below are several others I made for this summer season. 


This beautiful Brown and Cream combination is perfect for a night on the town. I tied to knots at the chest area and then tied it around the neck for a secure fit. 


I love this Black and Ivory print. I tied it at the chest in two knots and let the extra fabric hang down to make it look like a bow. 


I slipped a clear plastic bangle like in the video from youtube and tied it in the back. I love this look the best. 


Again tied at the neck and I added a fabric flower for a touch of elegance


This picture does not do this one any justice as it is extremely pretty. I tied it at one shoulder for a night time look. 


I made this one for my girlfriend who has beautiful red hair so you can imagine the oranges and teal will be beautiful.

There are so many other ways to be able to tie these beautiful sarongs I have made into many clothing items. Search the internet and you will find many. 

I will be heading to Mardins to get some other types of summery fabric to make several more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment