Monday, November 14, 2011

PINK PETALS VINTAGE APRON ENSEMBLE


This Apron set was created for two little sisters as Christmas gifts. I took a standard apron child's pattern that I had from a couple years ago and altered it by adding ruffles and a ribbon rose on the pocket. I also added some flower eyelet white trim to the top of the pocket.

This one was a little tricky to complete as I wanted it to be a reversible apron with the ruffles not sewn into the sides of the apron. After using my seam stripper a lot I finally did figure it out.

I just love the hat and mitts!

I had to do many attempts at the hat sizes for the two little ones I made this set for.

I created them to be an extra small and small apron and hat sizes so that they were a custom fit for a 3T and 6T. I made a flower rose with Grossgrain 1" ribbon by gathering it and sewing it together.


Below are the instructions for adding ruffles to a reversible apron pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment