Monday, June 14, 2010

GRADUATION PARTY ON A BUDGET





My daughter's graduation party was being held at our honme on the lake so that we could enjoy the water sports and beautiful weather. I decided to transform the garage into the party area.I priced out material to hang around the room to hide all the tools and shelfs of my hubby's garage, but this was costly. I decided we would try black plastic. The picture above is before I decorated.

We always have a vision of what we want things to look like but it doesnt always come out that way. I thought for what materials I used and had that it came out pretty good. The cost was also not to bad for all the material I used. Most of the decor and party favors were handmade by me to give it that personal touch. I drapped white table clothes (purchased at the dollar store) over the black plastic to break up all the black.



I made white and milk chocolate smiley lolly pops. Each favor box was filled with hershey kisses and nuggets. The nuggets were wrapped with a label that I stamped with either pink or black zebra print



The picture banner was created by purchaseing a foam poster board from the dollar store. I then stamped it with a graduation stamp set to create the background. I printed off the poem and pictures onto glossey white photo paper and adhered them to a darker shade of black matting. The heading and her name were created using my cricut and SCAL cutting it from white shelf paper (contact paper). I bought a roll at Wal-Mart for $4.96 it works just as well as vinyl but much cheaper when doin on projects that you know will stay inside.
The cupcake toppers were created using my cricut cutter, SCAL and to create the svg file I created from a image of a graduation cap.



4 comments:

  1. Congrats to the Grad! Great job on the party I love how all of the decorations came together! What a wonderful way to celebrate a wonderful accomplishment. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! Many great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black plastic, where did you buy that? It is a certain size? Thx!

    ReplyDelete