Saturday, October 23, 2010

THANKSGIVING APRON RECIPE KEEPER

This weekends project was creating this beautiful Apron Recipe Book. The idea is that I will be gathering with about 10-15 other ladies and we will each be making this apron.

We will also need to bring 1 recipe 10-15 copies to exchange recipes with the other lovely ladies.
 BUT THE CATCH IS they must be THANKSGIVING DINNER RECIPES.

The Apron is free standing as it is designed as an easle. With it being binded to the top with my zutter binder makes it easy to flip through and to be able to be free standing.

I created the apron and Labels that each apron has with my Cricut Cutter.

How fun right!

I have created pockets with pull out tags that have many conversion charts & abbreviations,

I wanted to come up with a way to be able to hold a single recipe card to the front of the pockets front bottom edge. In order to achieve this I decided to place a piece of Card stock 4 7/8 x 1 1/2. I then punched it with my fall paper punch. When I adhered it to the bottom part of the front I did not adhered the top 1/4 portion of the sides so that my card would sit in there as a holder.

The bottom image shows how to place the recipe card to the bottom front of the pocket. This works perfect when you need that favorite recipe handy for all the directions. There are 6 categories that are in this apron book. Below are the pages on the back of each of the categories page.

Below are some more conversions Charts with pockets and pull out tags for some journaling

I designed my recipe cards in Microsoft Word. I printed them out and cut them to be 3 x 5. I then stamped each one and sponged the edges









Back of the Apron

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING

CHALLENGES I ENTERED
For Fun - Brown, Red, CReam

I WAS THE WINNER OF THE CHALLENGE!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Shannon this is absolutely stunning & would make a fabulous gift :) Thank you so much for sharing it with us at For Fun & we hope to see you again.

    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    What an awesome project! I love how you have designed this project and your choice of colors for the challenge. These would also make wonderful stocking stuffers for Christmas. Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun this week. Really appreciate your instructions for this project. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! This is breathtaking! What a heart filling gift this would be to family members with recipes passed down the generations.... the colour palette and papers are perfect. This is just amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at For Fun this week - I hope you will join us again!
    hugs and blessings from Australia,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Shannon....this is amazing! I love it!! I have been looking for a cute way to organize my recipes for the holidays and I think I just found it! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at For Fun Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, Shannon. The colours are amazing. I’m so glad you joined For Fun Challenges this week.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! This is absolutely stunning and breathtaking! What a spectacular idea! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Fabulous job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun Challenges! Hope you’ll be joining us for the next challenge!

    ~Hugs~Kym

    ReplyDelete